- Licence – Drivers must have a valid driver’s licence (appropriate to the size/weight of their vehicle). In addition driver’s must provide a copy of a recent abstract to demonstrate no convictions in the last 3 years
- Insurance – personal vehicle insurance is not the same as commercial vehicle insurance. Drivers need coverage that includes delivery of packages, alcohol and food. (Commercial General Liability: $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the general aggregate,
Commercial Automotive Liability: $2,000,000, Cargo Insurance: $25,000 minimum per occurrence.)
- Equipment – what type of vehicle do I need? Vehicles must be in good repair and have a minimum capacity of at least 125 cubic feet of volume for shipments.
- Technology requirements – drivers will require a smartphone in order to receive orders, routes and communicate during the delivery process. Drivers will also have access to the FreshDispatch Driver dashboard, a centralized location for orders, routes, optimization tools, payment information etc.
- Drivers need to be able to physically lift product consistently (up to 40 kg), have a tidy appearance and courteous demeanor for dealing with FreshSpoke producers/buyers.
- Drivers will be required to complete an introductory FreshSpoke training seminar.
Modified on: Tue, 21 Mar, 2017 at 3:56 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.